Reencle logo
Reencle logo

All articles

There is a White Mold in my Reencle, how to prevent? is this normal?Updated 2 years ago

It's perfectly normal for compost to have some level of mold. 

Generally speaking, a certain level of mold in your compost is good for the decomposition process. Our microorganism is extracted from Cheese and Soybean which are actually easy to be found from nature. Overall, these molds are harmless to us and can be found on foods we consume everyday.

However, the mold in your compost might become a problem when there is an imbalance between bacteria and the mold growth becomes excessive. You can simply wipe it off or scrape it down on to the compost when you see these white molds.

Also, please refer to This Article which helps you prevent excessive growth of mold when using compost for plant and gardening.

Was this article helpful?